GLOBAL FOOD AND SUPPORT SERVICES LEADER ENGAGES EMTEC FOR MOBILE APP WITH OFFLINE DATA CAPTURE
Emtec developed a secure mobile application providing a single user interface with a seamless experience for food inspectors, site managers and other stakeholders in the field. The application automates and digitizes their largely paper-based processes with the following capabilities:
- Easy assignment and communication of tasks to field force upon submission
- Ability to handle a large variety of forms and location specific data
- Single interface to track assigned tasks, enter task updates and upload site photos and notes
- Information gathering capabilities in form of images, bar codes, and QR code scans
- Location-based services to validate form entries
- Seamless Integration with core enterprise systems including SAP, JDE, and other legacy systems
- Ability to sync offline data at later time for servicing remote sites that lack internet connectivity
Emtec’s usability and UX experts were involved from the start of providing business users a feel of how the app would look, work and behave. The development team worked closely with client stakeholders and analysts to refine functional requirements and provide a detailed solution architecture. The PMO team then defined the delivery model and planned sprints with well-documented timelines setting clear expectations.
The application, although built for internal usage, was expected to be used by a large number of field users over time making distribution and release management a key requirement. Emtec team defined SOP’s for releases like passing sanity checks, backward compatibility checks, and supported release checks along with distribution over enterprise MDM. Emtec also provided support for the selection of a MDM platform and set up their distribution and deployment architecture.
The solution provides a common model for assignment of activities for all contractors and employees ensuring process standardization as the organization continues along their growth trajectory.
The mobile solution has empowered the client’s field agents to provide the next level in customer service. Features including offline work mode, auto-sync, dynamic task allocation, location tracking, image capture and more have streamlined and automated processes, enabling the field team to dramatically boost the level of support they provide to end users.
A partner since 2016, Emtec contributes to all stages of their software development lifecycle – from ideation, user experience, application development, QA and testing through to application maintenance, support and enhancements. Emtec’s highly skilled engineering team continues to manage the delivery of new features and adds its expertise to other product development initiatives.
- Digital Transformation through re-envisioned processes and a mobile app that seamlessly integrates with backend systems providing a better customer experience
- Improved operational efficiencies with ability to capture field data, form and machine information on a mobile device
- Empowered field service team providing accelerated response for incidents and improved notifications